Birth injuries like cerebral palsy can significantly impact the lives of children and their families. Many children with cerebral palsy require a lifetime of special needs and may experience severe physical and cognitive challenges. These complications can be even more challenging to navigate if the injury occurred due to the negligence of a healthcare professional. If the carelessness of a medical professional caused your child’s cerebral palsy, you have a legal right to seek financial compensation for the losses you and your child have suffered. At Donze & Donze our Personal Injury Lawyers, our cerebral palsy attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of medical malpractice hold negligent parties accountable for the damages they have caused. When you partner with us, you can have peace of mind that your case is being handled with the care and expertise of a seasoned legal professional. To schedule a free consultation and learn more about how our team of Pennsylvania Cerebral Palsy lawyers can help you, give us a call at (610) 444-8018 or complete our contact form today.
ACTS OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE THAT MAY LEAD TO CEREBRAL PALSY
While cerebral palsy can occur in infants due to natural causes, the condition often results from the negligence of a medical professional. Some acts of negligence that may lead to cerebral palsy and other birth injuries include the following:
- Failing or delaying to perform a C-section
- Ignoring or misinterpreting fetal heart monitor warning signs
- Failing to resuscitate an infant that needs help breathing properly
- Failing to use forceps or vacuum extractor equipment with the necessary care
- Failing to recognize or treat a fetal infection
- Misdiagnosing the position of the fetus in the womb
Unfortunately, instances of medical malpractice like these are far too common in the delivery room. If your child developed cerebral palsy due to a doctor’s negligence, it is in your best interests to contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options for legal recourse.
ELEMENTS OF A CEREBRAL PALSY CASE
Medical malpractice cases, including those that involve cerebral palsy, require specific elements to prove the negligence of the medical professional. To establish liability and pursue damages, your case must include the following elements:
- The doctor owed you and your child a standard of care: Doctors and other medical professionals must act reasonably in the course of your care. In other words, they have a duty to respond to situations as most other doctors would in a similar situation.
- The doctor violated the standard of care: If the doctor acted negligently, deviating from what other professionals would do in a similar situation, they might be in breach of the standard of care.
- The doctor’s negligence caused your child’s injury and resulted in damages: Your New Hampshire cerebral palsy attorney must prove that the doctor’s negligence was responsible for your child’s injury and other damages. Your attorney will investigate and collect evidence to support your claim.
Your cerebral palsy lawyer in will work with you to understand every detail of your case so they can prove the necessary elements and help you recover the maximum amount of compensation possible for your claim.
DAMAGES YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO RECOVER THROUGH A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CLAIM
Birth injuries such as cerebral palsy can lead to a lifetime of special needs and medical expenses. If a medical professional’s negligence caused your child’s injury, you might be able to collect monetary compensation to mitigate these costs. Some of the damages you may be able to collect through a medical malpractice claim include the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Home care costs
- Medical equipment
- Speech therapy
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
When you partner with OUR KENNETT SQUARE Personal Injury Lawyers, one of our skilled birth injury lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation into your case to determine which damages you may be entitled to collect. Our Pennsylvania cerebral palsy attorneys are committed to taking you and your child’s current and future needs into account and will not rest until you are fairly compensated for the full extent of your losses.
SPEAK TO PENNSYLVANIA CEREBRAL PALSY LAWYER
Dealing with the aftermath of a birth injury can be a harrowing experience, especially if the injury was preventable. The skilled medical malpractice attorneys at Donze & Donze find the negligence of healthcare providers unacceptable. We are committed to helping malpractice victims in CHESTER COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA hold liable parties responsible for the damages they have caused. Our medical malpractice team includes attorneys George Donze & Jane Donze. Our award-winning team has been recognized for their unparalleled legal representation by Super Lawyers for multiple consecutive years.
We have a proven track record of achieving successful outcomes for our clients and have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in damages. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your case, call us today at (610) 444-8018 or complete our online contact form.