Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Injured at Work? Lawyers Who Can Help
Donze & Donze helps injured workers seek the compensation that is rightfully and lawfully theirs. Our three-attorney team is dedicated to providing attentive, caring and effective legal representation to workers injured on the job. We have offices in Kennett Square and Media, representing people throughout Pennsylvania.
I Was Hurt at Work. Am I Entitled to Workers’ Compensation?
- You are entitled to workers’ compensation no matter whose fault it is. Even if what happened is your fault, if it happened on the job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation for the duration of your disability. That is Pennsylvania law.
- You have an automatic right to two-thirds of your average weekly wage plus medical benefits. In exchange for an automatic entitlement to benefits, you give up your right to sue for damages caused by pain and suffering.
Besides wage compensation, you may also be entitled to:
- Death benefits for survivors of workers killed on the job
- Retraining if you cannot return to your former position
- Payment for partial or total permanent disability
Even if you had an existing medical condition, if it was aggravated at work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation.
When Is a Lawyer Needed in a Workers’ Compensation Injuries Case?
Sometimes an employer will acknowledge that they are responsible for your job injury. After a while, they may determine that you are ready to go back to work. But what happens if you believe that you cannot go back to work yet? Your employer may file a petition to modify or suspend your benefits. Here is when an experienced attorney may be able to help you retain your workers’ comp benefits.
Settlement of Workman’s Comp Cases
An employer may want to write the workers’ compensation claim off after a period of time. This settlement is known as a Compromise and Release. The employer and employee agree on a lump sum of money and then the worker releases the employer from any future liability.
What Does a Settlement Depend On?
The settlement depends on many things, including:
- The claimant’s age
- Disability status
- How long the claimant had intended to keep working
- Income potential given the claimant’s disability status
- Job availability
If you are in pay-status, we sometimes monitor workers’ compensation cases for clients for no charge. We can help you file an initial claim for benefits or assist later if a problem does arise.
Our founding attorney, George Donze, has been representing workers hurt on the job for many years. He is licensed to practice law throughout the state of Pennsylvania, and he has handled hundreds of workers’ compensation cases.
Depend on us to help you secure the full benefits that you are entitled to under Pennsylvania law. Call us at (610) 444-8018 or send us an e-mail.
When you seek a strong, compassionate and effective legal advocate, you need Donze & Donze.